The City of Harvard and Nancy Shepherd Photography Presents:
We would like to invite you to share your images of this years
Second Annual Harvard Balloon Festival
September 1-3, 2017 Harvard Milky Way Park, Harvard, Illinois
Submission of Entries begin September 1, 2017 and ends September 17, 2017
This year’s Photography Contest is online submissions only
Enter into 1 class only
Pro, Amateur, Student 7-18 YO
(Amateurs defined as any photographer who does not advertise or sell their images)
A Day in the Life of a Balloonist
Harvard Balloon Fest- Festivities, Food & Fun 2017
You may enter a total of 4 images – only 2 per category
Black & White or Color Images accepted
Photoshop or similar programs may be used
October 27, 2017
Harvard City Hall – 201 W. Diggins St – Harvard, Illinois
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm Awards at 6:30
Ribbons & Prizes will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, & 3rd place 2 Honorable Mentions in each Division
Top 15 finalist from each class will be asked to display their work during the reception
Random drawing of finalist from each class for a $ 300.00 cash award
Prizes from B&H Photo, Best Buy, Amazon, Southwest Airlines, LowePro, WD, Op-Tech, and more items to be announced
Each photograph submitted must be accompanied by an Official Entry form.
Student – entry only $5.00 – 4 entries
Amateur – entry only $10.00 – 4 entries
Pro – entry only $20.00 – 4 entries
All Entries Fees are Non-refundable.
1. All Photograph Entries must be taken during the Harvard Balloon Festival, Sept 1-3, 2017
2. Finalist will be required to submit High Resolution JPEG images by October 20th to be included in Prizes and Awards.
Your submission provides consent for the Harvard Balloon Fest, Harvard Events Committee and City of Harvard to use your images for future advertising and promotional purposes. Please feel free to call with any questions you may have.
3. All Photographs submitted may be posted on Facebook or Website. You retain photo rights to your photographs and receive photo credit for any photographs submitted.
4. All images must be sent via e-mail to email@example.com by September 17, 2017.
5. Please submit as JPEGs, 72 dpi and width of no more than 1200 pixels. Please label your files as follows last name first initial-image number.jpg (shepherdn-1234.jpg)
6. Entries must be accompanied by an Official Entry Form and include your name, address, phone number email address, and Order Number (from your receipt).
Please specify if you are entering Student, Amateur or Pro Division and Category. You may include a short description of your photography Specific Balloon Name/Team, Camera info, etc. for your photos.
7. Local McHenry County Judges will choose the Top 15 finalists from each class.
8. Entries will be posted for Judging by September 30, 2017
9. Finalist will be notified by October 13, 2017
With entry into this contest, you have read and agreed to all
Please read all Safety Information provided in Terms and Conditions
Any and all releases are the responsibility of the photographer